Housing Navigator - Lahaina and Central
Have extensive experience working with the chronically homeless and or/ homeless veterans. Knowledge of Public Housing Authority and Housings subsidy (ie. Section8, Shelter Plus Care, VASH). Provides client advocacy, case management, benefit establishment, linkage to mental health/substance abuse services, linkage to other supportive services as needed. Provide individualized support by helping client develop a plan to address their barriers, increase their income, and maintain and sustain permanent housing.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
1. Provide navigation services designed to assist clients and their families obtain stability
2. Provide onsite case management services in the areas of social events, employment linkage, benefits establishment, and other services as needed to assist in reaching housing plan
3. Perform initial comprehensive case management assessment and develop a plan of intervention that addresses need for housing, services, crisis intervention, and continuity of care planning and coordination
4. Identify each area in which clients will need assistance to accomplish their outlined goals and objectives (ie. Scheduling appointments, applying for public benefits, identifying subsidized housing, etc. )
5. Encourage and promote an environment that is strength based to assist clients in meeting their housing goals
6. Maintain client related data tracking systems, including case notes and complete HMIS entries
7. Prepare case related reports
8. Generate client data for monthly reporting
9. Maintain complete and accurate documentation of service objectives and outcomes as well as other services in accordance with state, county and KHAKO guidelines
10. Identify new and existing opportunities and build strong relationships to better assist clients in accessing resources, employment, supportive services, and housing opportunities.
11. Attend collaborative meetings
12. Network with other agencies, coalitions, and local community meetings
13. Actively participate in staff meetings and trainings
14. Other duties as assigned
Minimum Educational Requirements
College degree in related field and two years related experience in case management services, housing, homeless and mentally ill populations.
1. Computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office. HMIS training a plus.
2. Project a professional demeanor
3. Demonstrate as part of a working team
4. Strong written and verbal communication skills
5. Must maintain and execute confidential information
6. Highly motivated self-starter and the ability to coordinate multiple projects/tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment.
7. Ability to work with diverse communities and exercise mature judgment
8. Problem solving and conflict resolution skills