Rental Assistance Coordinator
Counsels and aids individuals and families who are accepted as clients of KHAKO facilities, to aid them in their transition from homelessness to mainstream society, and to assist members of the community with rental housing assistance.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
1. Through in-depth interviews with clients, regarding finances, and employment, to determine their self-sufficiency and charts the appropriate course of action regarding housing placement. Makes referrals to programs in outside agencies.
2. In concert with the client, develop a budget and monitors clients’ progress against goals in ongoing client interactions adjusts program as necessary.
3. Counsels clients individually, in family or in other small groups regarding options.
4. Meets regularly with the housing Program Manager to assess client status and progress.
5. Compiles records and prepares reports.
6. Obtains and records client and community resource information.
7. Provides a consistently positive role model for the clients.
8. Determines the client’s eligibility for Rental Housing Program.
9. Acts as an advocate for the well being of the client.
10. Serves as a Housing Inspector for potential rental and random inspections.
11. Communicates with landlord regarding client/tenant compliancy.
Preferred Educational Requirements:
1. Bachelor’s degree from a 4 year college or working on degree with three (3) years working experience in Human Services. ( If candidate does not have a BA, continuing education will be required).
2. Minimum 1 years experience in related fields including case work
1. Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
2. Ability to interact with clients from all walks of life withholding judgment and treating all with fairness.
3. T Ability to define and identify problems or areas requiring change, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and implement the required change.
4. Ability to understand the dynamics of homelessness and relate to the concomitant problems and needs.
5. Knowledge of the issues confronting the mentally ill, the substance abuser and abuse victims and of the accepted practices for dealing with them
6. Knowledge of accepted case work practices as they apply to clients served.
7. Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
8. Compute literate with Microsoft Office and database software.
9. Strong discretion, business ethics and confidentiality.
10. Demonstrate fairness.
11. Dedication to continuous improvement, innovation and remediation.
12. Current Drivers License
To apply please reply to this email with a resume or come to facility to fill out an application at Ka Hale A Ke Ola Homeless Resource Centers, Inc.
670 Waiale Road
Wailuku, HI 96793
15 Ipu’Aumakua Lane
Lahaina HI 96761