Housing Navigator - Team Lead - Lahaina/Westside
Have extensive experience working with the chronically homeless and or/ homeless veterans. Under the direction of the Housing Program Manager, utilizes a housing focused approach in assertive case management, provides supervision and guidance to Housing Navigators and Intake Coordinator, beneficiary advocacy, case management, benefit establishment, and linkage to mental health/substance abuse services and supportive services as needed. Provide individualized support by helping guests develop a plan to address their barriers, increase their income, and maintain and sustain permanent housing. Maintains a moderate caseload along with supervisory duties and responsibilities.
Summary of Essential Job Functions :
- Provide navigation services designed to assist guests and family households obtain stability
- Provide on-site case management services in the areas of social events, employment linkage, benefits establishment, and other services as needed to assist in reaching housing plan
- Perform initial comprehensive case management assessment and develop a plan of intervention that addresses need for housing, services, crisis intervention, and continuity of care planning and coordination
- Identify each area in which clients will need assistance to accomplish their outlined goals and objectives (ie. Scheduling appointments, applying for public benefits, identifying subsidized housing, etc.)
- Encourage and promote strength -based approaches to assist guests in meeting their housing goals
- Maintain related data tracking and collection systems, accurate case noting, and complete HMIS entries to ensure superior data quality
- Prepare case related reports and Generate client data for monthly reporting
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation of service objectives and outcomes as well as other services in accordance with state, county and KHAKO guidelines
- Identify new and existing opportunities and build strong relationships to better assist guests in accessing resources, employment, supportive services, and housing opportunities.
- Network with other agencies, coalitions, and local community meetings
- Actively participate in staff meetings and trainings
- Other duties as assigned
Summary of Supervisory Duties:
- Provide weekly support, training, and supervision to Housing Navigators and Intake Coordinator as an adjunct to the Housing Programs Manager as assigned
- Works directly with individuals and families in collaborating and developing housing plans
- Write and develop individualized plans in addition to training and providing guidance to Housing Navigators and Intake Coordinator with plan development
- Provide case management services and counseling support to guests and family households in addition to providing supervisory support.
- Monitor data gathering and dissemination of information inputted into HMIS and other requisite information systems
- Maintain data sheets and aggregate data in order to generate quarterly progress reports
- Monitors implementation and effectiveness individualized housing plans
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Desired:
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing and orally
- Ability to effectively present information one-on-one and in small group settings
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Personal qualities of warmth, acceptance, sound judgment, emotional stability, and reliability. Must demonstrate courtesy, respect and politeness to all staff and personnel
- Experience demonstrating excellence in problem-solving, collaboration, and clinical competencies in providing services to youth and their families
- Able to give and receive instruction or direction to/from others
- Able to respond effectively to the varied needs of the clients, families, and staff.
Minimum Educational Requirements:
Bachelors Degree in Human Services, Social Work, Counseling, or other related fields of study. Two years supervisory experience in human services, social work, or other closely related settings. Five years of experience providing case management and housing services to homeless and mentally ill populations.
- Computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office. HMIS training a plus.
- Project a professional demeanor
- Demonstrate a s part of a working team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must maintain and execute confidential information
- Highly motivated self-starter and the ability to coordinate multiple projects/tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work with diverse communities and exercise mature judgment
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills