Housing Specialist - Central and Lahaina
Work with individuals, including homeless, substance abusers and those with mental health issues in areas of housing stabilization, placement and retention.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
1. Develop and maintain working relationships with Landlords, Property Managers, community housing resources and maintain a list of available housing options
2. Place program participants into permanent housing, coordinate eviction prevention services, review and append individualized housing stability plan as needed
3. Maintain a working understanding of the readjustment problems of veterans, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Traumatic Brain Injury, alcohol and drug dependency and other mental health issues
4. Adhere to laws regarding confidentiality and reporting requirements; maintain knowledge of current HIPAA certification standards
5. Maintain timely and appropriate documentation, including progress notes, group notes, housing stability plans, aftercare plans and discharge summaries
6. Keep abreast of local housing resources and the client referral process
7. Maintain case management functions, e.g., record keeping, client services
8. Input HMIS/Case worthy data and record management
9. Participate in weekly client case conference meetings, weekly supervision with the Program Manager and other meetings as required or necessary to carry out the job functions
10. Perform other related duties as required by the Program Manager and/or Director of Supportive Service
Minimum Educational Requirements
1. Bachelors degree in behavioral sciences; related experience may be substituted.
2. Minimum three (3) years experience working with “hard to serve” individuals, including homeless, substance abusers and those with mental health issues in areas of housing stabilization, placement and retention.
1. Knowledge of local area housing resources
2. Understanding and basic knowledge of mental health symptoms and diagnoses, psychosocial stressors, chemical dependency issues
3. Crisis intervention, de-escalation and conflict resolution skills
4. Excellent written and communication skills
5. Ability to be work both independently as well as a team member
6. Basic computer proficiency to include Microsoft Office applications and email
7. Must be able to communicate effectively with a variety of personalities and be comfortable working with an at-risk client population.
To apply please reply to this email with a resume or come to facility to fill out an application.
Ka Hale A Ke Ola Homeless Resource Centers
670 Waiale Road
Wailuku, HI 96793
15 Ipu’Aumakua Lane
Lahaina HI 96761