Community Specialist - Southside
Have extensive experience working with the homeless. Provide linkage to supportive services as needed. The Community Specialist Workers will ensure those services are delivered to the center clients when the Ka La Hiki Ola Drop-in Center is open.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
1. Provide and facilitate an environment that relationally shares with guests the full range of resources available to assist them.
2. Maintain a safe welcoming space by building rapport with clients
3. Identify new and existing opportunities and build strong relationships to better assist clients in accessing resources, employment, supportive services, and housing opportunities.
4. Oversees reception functions including phones, ensuring the highest level of customer service.
5. Community Specialists services include; VISPDATS, shelter referrals, housing referrals, and employment support services.
6. The Community Specialist will; restock and have hygiene supplies on hand for distribution, provide washer vouchers and other resources to meet the needs of clients.
7. The Community Specialist will have bus passes available for those entering shelter from the Drop in Center.
8. Pick up and secure mail in locked storage at Drop in Center. Distribute mail to clients when relevant.
9. Maintain the safety, security, and confidentiality of the families and individuals served.
10. Maintain client files in locked filing cabinet.
11. Maintain and update client files in data base.
12. Keep equipment closet clean and organized.
13. Actively participate in staff meetings and trainings.
14. Other duties as assigned..
Minimum Educational Requirements:
1. College degree in related field preferred and two years related experience in case management services, housing, homeless and mentally ill populations.
2. Computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office.
3. Ability to interact with clients from all walks of life and from all backgrounds, withholding judgment and treating all with fairness.
4. Ability to define and identify problems or areas requiring change, collect data, establish facts.
5. Ability to understand the dynamics of homelessness.
6. Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
7. Strong discretion, business ethics and confidentiality.
To apply please reply to this email with a resume or come to facility to fill out an application or drop off a resume:
Ka Hale A Ke Ola Homeless Resource Centers
670 Waiale Road
Wailuku, HI 96793
15 Ipu’Aumakua Lane
Lahaina HI 96761