Kitchen Worker - Lahaina
Under the direction of the Food Services Manager, prepares and coordinates daily meals for residents in the emergency program at our Westside facility.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
1. Maintenance of kitchen and food storage areas which serves 3 meals per day to up to 65 clients per meal.
2. Maintains the organization of systems for sorting, storing, preparing and distributing fresh, frozen, canned and packaged food.
3. Assist in training and supervision of client, Community Service and volunteer workers in the areas of food preparation, serving meals, and kitchen procedures.
4. Cooks and prepares a variety of nutritious meals.
5. Coordinates preparation of meals by volunteers.
6. Ensures that meals are prepared ahead and stored for use in case of emergency or for times when cook is not available.
7. Ensures that the kitchen and equipment is maintained in a safe and clean manner.
8. Must wear closed shoes and dressed appropriately.
9. Other duties as may be assigned
Minimum Educational and Experience Requirements:
1. High School Graduate or GED.
2. Minimum of one year experience working in food services preferably in an institutional setting.
3. Current, clean TB certificate.
4. Should have valid Hawaii drivers license
1. Possess a broad working knowledge of cooking methods, food preparation techniques, and safety and health regulations.
2. Well developed interpersonal skills.
3. Ability to work with and empathize with the homeless population
4. Strong organizational skills.
5. Fluent in English language.
6. Ability to supervise the work of resident volunteers.
7. Able to work flexible hours.
Physical Abilities Required:
1. Close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
2. Ability to stand, walk, talk, and sit and use the arms and hands.
3. Ability to bend over while picking things up for lifting and cleaning.
4. Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
To apply please reply to this email with a resume .