Maintenance Worker - Hale Makana O Waiale
Provides maintenance and landscaping for the physical premises to ensure a properly functioning, clean and orderly environment for the tenants, clients and staff of KHAKO locations.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Provides general repairs on the affordable housing buildings, and units as well as KHAKO Westside and Central locations as authorized by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- With a signed authorization to enter a specific unit, provides minor electrical, plumbing and building repairs, replacing floor tile and painting as requested and pre-approved on a work order.
- Renovates unoccupied units as assigned including cleaning, repairing, repainting, smoke detector replacement if needed, strip and waxing floors, washing drapes, checking locks and double checking unit to ensure quality control upon completion.
- Performs preventive maintenance on building exteriors including touch up painting, resetting time clocks for exterior lighting, checking for wear and tear on steps and railings.
- Performs regular maintenance on units including painting, repair and replacement of window screens and windows, installing screen doors.
- Removes old and installs new appliances, pick up and dispose of trash.
- Reads electrical meters monthly and accurately log for billing purposes and delivers invoices to units.
- Assists Hale Makana Affordable Complex and KHAKO Central and Westside locations with building maintenance and landscaping needs as assigned by Supervisor.
- Picks up donated furniture and appliances for Shelters as needed.
- Removes wasp nests from building exteriors as needed.
Minimum Educational Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must have experience in Plumbing, painting, drywall, landscaping and/or miscellaneous repairs
- To read, write and comprehend the English language.
- Be able to lift 80 pounds.
- Basic knowledge of painting, electric repair and plumbing repair.
- To interact with people from all walks of life and from all backgrounds, withholding judgment and treating all with fairness and respect.
- To effectively communicate, present, information and respond adequately to questions from tenants.
- To maintain routine records
- To perform CPR and first aid.
- Demonstrate fairness.
- Act at all times with honesty and truth
- Current valid drivers license
To apply please respond to this email and attach a resume or stop by either of the facilities to drop off a resume or fill out an application:
670 Waiale Dr, Wailuku
15 Ipu Aumakua Lane, Lahaina