Summary of Essential Job Functions :
1. Meet with individuals and families dealing with homelessness in the South Maui area.
2. Operate the Drop-in center for homeless individuals to offer basic needs.
3. Provide and facilitate an environment that relationally shares with guests the full range of resources available to assist them.
4. Oversee reception functions including phones, ensuring the highest level of customer service at the Drop-in Center.
5. Case management services to include client data entry into the Homeless Management Information System, Homeless shelter referrals, housing referrals, and employment support services
6. Maintain the safety, security, and confidentiality of the families and individuals served. Files to be kept in locked filing cabinet
7. Plan for and secure healthy snacks and or meals for clients to consume at the Drop-In Center.
8. Fulfill the guests requests for articles of clothing, hygiene supplies, etc.
9. Keep clothing and equipment closet clean and organized with the assistance of volunteers.
10. Manage volunteers and provide orientation, follow-up, support and evaluation, as well as organize volunteer duties
11. Upholding the Drop-In Code of Conduct, and providing ways for participants to further engage.
12. Maintain a safe welcoming space by building rapport with clients.
Minimum Educational Requirements:
1. Bachelor Degree in related field preferred and at least 2 years of professional experience in housing and homelessness field.
1. Must have an understanding and knowledge of homeless service options in the community.
2. Much have compassion for community members dealing with homelessness and understanding of the trauma surrounding homelessness
3. Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
4. Ability to interact with clients from all walks of life and from all backgrounds, withholding judgment and treating all with fairness.
5. Ability to define and identify problems or areas requiring change, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and implement the required change.
6. Ability to understand the dynamics of homelessness and relate to the concomitant problems and needs.
7. Knowledge of accepted casework practices as they apply to clients served.
8. Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
9. Computer literate with Microsoft Office and database software.
10. Strong discretion, business ethics and confidentiality.
11. Demonstrate fairness.