Resource Center Worker – Central and Lahaina
Departments: Central Center, Westside Center
Provides oversight of the physical premises to ensure security and safety of the residents.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Provides general oversight of the Center to ensure security of the premises and safety of the residents.
- During an assigned shift, enforces rules, settles disputes, imposes penalties, and oversees and records daily chore performance.
- Oversees the general cleanliness of the property by performing independent checks , i.e. restrooms facilities are cleaned and stocked, lanai’s are kept uncluttered, trash picked up, etc..
- Communicates general repair requests to the Operations Manager.
- Is thoroughly familiar with the rules and regulations of the facility and understands the vision and philosophy of the mission.
- Is trained in the use of First Aid and CPR and performs those skills as required.
- Performs fire evacuation drills and quarterly inspections on all apartments for damages and cleanliness. Cleans apartments after clients exit and do laundry as necessary.
- Prepares daily and weekly written records, incident reports and eviction notices as required.
- Occasionally may have to work at other site locations.
- Must have High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years experience in work involving human institutional services.
- Must have current drivers license
- To read, write and comprehend the English language
- Must be familiar with computers, Microsoft Word
- Be able to interact with clients from all walks of life and from all backgrounds, withholding judgment and treating all with fairness and respect
- To effectively communicate, present, information and respond adequately to questions form clients
- To identify and define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- To interpret rules and procedures to clients having different levels of comprehension and competence
- To maintain firm but friendly control over a number of residents with varying needs and backgrounds
- To maintain routine records
- To perform CPR and first aid
- To understand and consistently enforce the rules, regulations, policies and objectives of the Resource Center