Housing Navigator (Lahaina)
Compensation: Depending on Experience
Employment Type: Full-Time
Have extensive experience working with the chronically homeless and or/ homeless veterans. Knowledge of Public Housing Authority and Housings subsidy (ie. Section8, Shelter Plus Care, VASH). Under the direction of the Housing Programs Manager provides client advocacy, case management, benefit establishment, linkage to mental health/substance abuse services, and linkage to other supportive services as needed. Provide individualized support by helping client develop a plan to address their barriers, increase their income, and maintain and sustain permanent housing.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Provide navigation services designed to assist clients and their families obtain stability.
- Provide onsite case management services in the areas of social events, employment linkage, benefits establishment, and other services as needed to assist in reaching housing plan.
- Perform initial comprehensive case management assessment and develop a plan of intervention that addresses need for housing, services, crisis intervention, and continuity of care planning and coordination.
- Identify each area in which clients will need assistance to accomplish their outlined goals and objectives (ie. Scheduling appointments, applying for public benefits, identifying subsidized housing, etc.)
- Encourage and promote an environment that is strength based to assist clients in meeting their housing goals.
- Maintain client related data tracking systems, including case notes and complete HMIS entries.
- Prepare case related reports.
- Generate client data for monthly reporting.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation of service objectives and outcomes as well as other services in accordance with state, county and KHAKO guidelines.
- Identify new and existing opportunities and build strong relationships to better assist clients in accessing resources, employment, supportive services, and housing opportunities.
- Attend collaborative meetings.
- Network with other agencies, coalitions, and local community meetings.
- Actively participate in staff meetings and trainings.
- Other duties as assigned
- Reports to: Housing Programs Manager
Two years related experience in case management services, housing, homeless and mentally ill populations.
Ka Hale A Ke Ola Homeless Resource Centers, Inc. requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.
- Computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office. HMIS training a plus.
- Project a professional demeanor.
- Demonstrate a s part of a working team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must maintain and execute confidential information.
- Highly motivated self-starter and the ability to coordinate multiple projects/tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work with diverse communities and exercise mature judgment.
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance
- 403 (b) Thrift savings plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
KHAKO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, lactation, arrest and court record or any other protected category recognized by state and federal laws.