Compensation: Depending on Experience
Location: Positions Services Both Locations
Employment Type: Full-Time
Founded in 1986, KHAKO is a non-profit organization with a mission to “break the cycle of homelessness” by providing emergency homeless shelter, rental assistance, and supportive services to unsheltered individuals and families on the Island of Maui. We serve the community in three convenient locations – Wailuku, Lahaina, and Kihei. Additionally, KHAKO manages a 200-unit (Wailuku) and 30-unit (Lahaina) affordable rental housing facility that provides permanent housing to more than 700 Maui residents.
The Intake Coordinator will report to the Housing Programs Manager and work to ensure the optimal success for individuals seeking services and entry into the agency for services. The candidate that fills this job position must be caring and compassionate, with the ability to work with a diverse and vulnerable population.
1. Contact individuals who are calling the intake line and set appointments.
2. Collaborate with the Operations team to keep abreast of bed openings in the facility.
3. Work with program staff to cultivate collaborative relationships with community partners.
4. Collaborate with local homeless agencies in order to coordinate client entry.
5. Schedule appointments to meet with clients and complete intake packet.
6. Complete Initial Needs Assessment and determine special needs or circumstances of clients.
7. Provide referrals to community agencies when necessary.
8. Assign dorm bed or unit space to clients.
9. Schedule initial case manager meeting for clients.
10. Schedule orientation date for clients.
11. Input client data into SESAME and CASEWORTHY databases.
12. Create digital client folder for assigned case manager and complete initial case note.
13. Introduce and refer clients to Operations staff for community service assignment and issuance of locker padlock, meal ticket and linen.
1.Associate’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
2. At least one year of prior experience working in a human services field.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details.
4. Must be able to accurately enter data into a data base.
5. Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for the agency’s mission. 6. Working knowledge of best practices for homeless services provider 7.Current Valid Driver’s License
1. Prior experience in homeless services programs.
KHAKO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. We seek employees from all backgrounds including people of color, LGBTQ community, Veterans, and people who have lived homeless experience. We will not discriminate against age, race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran Status. We support and celebrate all employees to be their best, authentic selves for the benefit of our employees, our community, and our company.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.