Compensation: TBD- Based on Experience
Employment Type: Full-Time
Directs and supervises all the operational activities of one of the resource center facilities that provides food, shelter and life skills training to the client population to empower the previously homeless clients and to help facilitate their transition into the mainstream of society.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Supervises a staff of operations personnel to ensure the security of the premises and the safety of the residents and staff.
- Conducts daily perimeter checks for entire property and report concerns as needed.
- Ensuring that all rules, regulations, processes and procedures are followed.
- Trains and supervises the Resource Center Worker Staff.
- Meets regularly with the Operations Director to assess projects, plans, resources, systems, personnel, policies and client status.
- Implements and monitors policies and procedures within the Operations department to ensure continuity and performance commensurate with overall agency policies and procedures.
- Through continuing discussion with the Operations Director, advises of client issues or concerns.
- Provides a consistently positive role model for the clients and staff.
- Assists with defining and coordinating community service jobs.
- Supervises client exits and searches as necessary.
- Coordinates initiates and implements the site emergency plan when circumstances dictate.
- Distributes and accounts for any household goods provided by the shelter for residential clients.
- Assigns living units to clients in concert with staff.
- Prepares reports as required.
- Will facilitate Step Up classes on a regular basis.
- Will conduct unit inspection for participants of the Step Up program.
- Will oversee Maintenance crew with various duties and reports.
- Must be willing to stay late and/or have the flexibility to work on an as-needed-basis.
- Bi-Annual inspections of Westside Affordable units.
- Post 48 hour notices at Westside Affordable units.
- Regular communication with Leasing Director.
Minimum Educational Requirements
- High School graduate or GED.
- Minimum 2 years experience in related fields.
- Must have had supervisory experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to manage a staff of professionals and other workers by setting and monitoring expectations, and monitoring and reporting on performance.
- Ability to analyze and interpret memoranda, general business periodicals, professional journals and government publications.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from staff, clients, supervisors, and the general public..
- Ability to define and identify problems or areas requiring change, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and implement the required change.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, recognizing priorities and business needs.
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office and database software.
- Strong discretion, business ethics and confidentiality.
- Demonstrate fairness and ethical decision making processes.
- Dedication to continuous improvement, innovation and remediation.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Return to Careers Opportunity page