Resource Center Worker (Security Worker) – Lahaina
Provides oversight of the physical premises to ensure security and safety of the residents.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Provides general oversight of the Center to ensure security of the premises and safety of the residents.
- During an assigned shift, enforces rules, settles disputes, imposes penalties, and oversees and records daily chore performance.
- Oversees the general cleanliness of the property by performing independent checks , i.e. restrooms facilities are cleaned and stocked, lanai’s are kept uncluttered, trash picked up, etc..
- Communicates general repair requests to the Operations Manager.
- Is thoroughly familiar with the rules and regulations of the facility and understands the vision and philosophy of the mission.
- Is trained in the use of First Aid and CPR and performs those skills as required.
- Performs fire evacuation drills and quarterly inspections on all apartments for damages and cleanliness. Cleans apartments after clients exit and do laundry as necessary.
- Prepares daily and weekly written records, incident reports and eviction notices as required.
- Occasionally may have to work at other site locations.
- Must have High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years experience in work involving human institutional services.
- Must have current drivers license
Ka Hale A Ke Ola Homeless Resource Centers, Inc. requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.
- To read, write and comprehend the English language
- Must be familiar with computers, Microsoft Word
- Be able to interact with clients from all walks of life and from all backgrounds, withholding judgment and treating all with fairness and respect
- To effectively communicate, present, information and respond adequately to questions form clients
- To identify and define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- To interpret rules and procedures to clients having different levels of comprehension and competence
- To maintain firm but friendly control over a number of residents with varying needs and backgrounds
- To maintain routine records
- To perform CPR and first aid
- To understand and consistently enforce the rules, regulations, policies and objectives of the Resource Center
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance
- 403 (b) Thrift savings plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
KHAKO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, lactation, arrest and court record or any other protected category recognized by state and federal laws.