Help is Here!
Ka Hale A Ke Ola serves hundreds of our community members annually and we can help you if you are in need.
For the Central Facility (Wailuku) please call (808) 242-HOME (4663) or (808) 242-7600 (press 1)
For the West Side Facility (Lahaina) please call (808) 856-1178 or (808) 662-0076
Those in need may call our intake phone line between 8:00 am to 4:00 pm; Monday through Friday.
Walk-ins are welcomed, but not guaranteed an intake appointment that day. If we are not able to do an intake appointment on the day of the walk-in, an appointment will be made for the next available space.
Intakes will be set up on a first come first serve base and the following documents are requested upon intake:
- Picture ID (any kind of picture ID)
- Social Security Admin Number card (if available)
- Childs Birth Certificates (if available)
- TB Clearance (if available, guests will have 7 days after entry to obtain a TB clearance.)
- Verification of Homelessness Letter (available from Family Life Center (808) 877-0880)
- Eviction Letter from Landlord (if applicable)
- All Prescribed Medications (if applicable)
If applicants do not have birth certificates or social security cards, the agency Housing Navigators will assist by referring shelter guests to the Legal Aid Society of Hawaii (Maui office) and to the Social Security Department.